Tuesday 26 June 2012

On the run again


Tonight I finally made it out for a run. My first run in 13 months.

I've been procrastinating about running for weeks months too long. Every week I would promise myself that this would be the week I would make it our for a run. Every week I would reach Friday evening without even managing to get my running kit out of the drawer. Every Saturday night I would say "tomorrow morning. I'll run tomorrow morning". But I never did.


Until tonight.


And it. Was. Awesome.


I'd treated myself to a new pair of running shoes a couple of weeks ago. Now these aren't just any old runners. These are barefoot runners. No cushioning, no support, just a thin, flexible sole to protect your feet from stones and other sharp objects.  It felt so, so good. Just me, some tunes on my ipod, fresh air and the grass of the local rec. I felt alive and vibrant and only a smidgen like an overstuffed lyra sausage.


The inspirational @The_Moiderer first alerted me to barefoot running and within days I was hooked on the concept. It just really appeals to the part of me that is craving a simpler existence at the moment. No fuss, closer to nature (that sounds so corny. I live in South London for crying out loud) and just altogether simpler. Allowing my feet to really feel the ground beneath them, to respond to the terrain in the way they were designed to.


I'm a barefoot kinda gal at the moment. I need to feel the ground beneath my feet. 


I need simplicity.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you loved it as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger award as I enjoy your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you! I feel very honoured just to be nominated :)

      Delete

Come on in, the water's lovely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin