Thursday 5 July 2012

Just not enough...

Do you ever feel like there's not enough of you?

I'm not sure if it's time, or energy or motivation that is in short supply, but something is severely lacking. And it's making me feel that there's just not enough of me to go round.

At work, I want to shine. I want to do a great job and have my colleagues admire my work. But instead, I fear I'm simply doing a 'good enough' job.

At home, I'm barely keeping the chaos at bay. Things are verging on the chaotic. We're on the cusp, about to tumble into the depths of domestic doom any day now.

In the parenting stakes, I feel like I'm letting my boys down. There's only ever time for just one story, when they both crave more. Breakfast is a hurried affair, when I want it to be leisurely. Dinner ends up being a battle of endurance (just get them fed, bathed and into bed then I can collapse).

Everyone is feeling short changed.

We need a holiday. Roll on 22nd July.


1 comment:

  1. Oh - I feel your pain - I'm totally there with you. I always feel like I am running to catch up these days. One day it will be easier - that's what I keep telling myself!

    ReplyDelete

Come on in, the water's lovely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin