Wednesday 3 February 2010

Ommmmmmmmmmm



I'm feeling all serene and virtuous this morning. After a couple of weeks of procrastinating, I finally made it along to pregnancy yoga last night and it was divine! Of course the lovely soft jersey yoga pants and super soft top I bought especially for the occasion did help enhance the experience, but even without the frisson of retail therapy, it was a wonderful way to spend a Tuesday evening.

Subdued lighting, a couple of candles, a waft of incense, surrounded by turquoise and deep pink and sat on purple yoga mats, it was remarkably womb-like. After a good 30 minutes of general pregnancy chit chat, we performed a couple of "moon" salutations (my yoga teachers version of a sun salutation adapted for pregnant bodies) before getting into variations on cat with the odd downward dog thrown in for good measure.

There was a good dose of Om-ing and lots and lots of pelvic floor work (sheesh - hard work but needs must) and at the end I floated home on a cloud of yoga loveliness. It was just so lovely to spend half an hour and a half devoted to me and this ever expanding pregnant bump of mine. It felt so indulgent, but so necessary.

I can't wait for next week and may even get my yoga mat out at home...if I can find it that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on in, the water's lovely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin