Monday, 22 February 2010

Soul food



Originally uploaded by eggdipdip
Yesterday we were stuck home with no hot water, no heating and not a lot of motivation. So, to cheer us and warm us, I baked this gorgeous banana loaf.

I'd been eager to try out Julochka's recipe for awhile (especially after I saw how gorgeous Spud's version looked), but I'm just not that great using cups - the scientist in me prefers grams and kg or even good old lbs and oz.

So instead, I used this recipe. But I was wise enough to include some chunky chocolate chips as suggested by Julochka's daughter. And oh my, it is quite simply divine.

Put it this way, I'm now 50% baby bump and 50% banana bread belly. But it's time for another slice, so we could be pushing 60% banana bread belly by the end of the day. Hmm, can I justify making another a mere 24 hours after the first? Surely baking is good for the soul (if not for the hips/thighs/tum) and that's good enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. banana bread very good for the baby belly (and a cup is just 240grams) :-)

    the chocolate makes it divine, doesn't it?

    i actually bought old marked-down organic bananas at the store yesterday so that i can make it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks julochka! I'm totally addicted to it xx

    ReplyDelete

Come on in, the water's lovely.

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin