Tuesday 5 March 2013

And then my mothering instinct kicked in

At the weekend I wrote about how apprehensive I was about suddenly, unexpectedly being a stay at home mum this week.

Monday morning dawned. The dishwasher had been emptied the night before, packed lunches were waiting in the fridge and the sun was shining.

The morning was spent pottering, at a leisurely pace dictated by mini despot. A spot of shopping, a spot of den building and before we knew it, it was lunchtime.

I held my breath, waiting for the dreaded post-lunch tantrum...but no, some cuddles on the sofa, a spot of colouring in and it was time to collect the 6 year old from school.

The sun still shone, the 2 year hadn't imploded and I hadn't resorted to cbeebies yet.

But the best bit? Preparing dinner while watching my boys squeal with laughter, playing TOGETHER in the garden. It made all my worries about this week seem rather...selfish I guess.

As Mondays go, it pretty much rocked. (Until the 2 year old vomited everywhere, but hey, at least I didn't have to rush home from work to deal with it!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on in, the water's lovely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin