Friday 25 November 2011

Tell me about yourself...

I'm quite excited to have received my first blog award - big thank you to the lovely Claire at http://atleastdaddycancook.blogspot.com/.


The rules for receiving this award are:

1. I must tell 7 secret things about myself.
2. I must pass the award onto 15 other bloggers.

I'm a bit rubbish at nominating people for these things, so if you're reading this and fancy joining in, consider yourself tagged! *cop out I know*

So, 7 secret things:


  1. This blog is probably the biggest secret I've ever kept. None of my friends know about it and only a handful of people know I blog at all. I like it that way. This is my space to vent and rant and possibly overshare, so the last thing I want is work peeps and vague associates knowing my innermost thoughts *shudders*
  2. I have an escape fund. I'm happily married and have no plans to escape anywhere, but just in case something awful happens, I like to know I have the means to whisk myself and my those closest to me away to safety.
  3. I absolutely suck at being a stay-at-home mum. I'd love to do it. But I just can't. I become a horrible, lazy, un-motivated lump and resent all those glamourous people with paying jobs. Sigh, the grass is always greener I guess.
  4. I'm a snob. There, I said it. 
  5. Probably not unrelated to 4, but I can be a terrible judgey-pants sometimes. It's not big, it's not clever and it's certainly not funny. I'm trying very hard to stop being this way and to lock those big ugly judgey pants away in a dark closet, but sometimes they sneak out and surprise me when I least expect it.
  6. I have a fear of driving over bridges. If it's a short bridge, I'm ok. But if it's as big as the Forth Road Bridge, it takes a lot of internal coaxing and reassurance from Husband to believe that I'm not going to drive off the edge. I don't know what it is. I'm not scare of height or water, but when it comes to bridges I just can't trust myself not to drive off them at speed. What's that all about?
  7. I love Queen. The band, not the monarch. They rock. 
There, now I've outed myself as being a not very nice person sometimes with rotten taste in music is there anybody still there? *tumbleweed, echoes, more tumbleweed* hello? Anybody?

Now it's your turn :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on in, the water's lovely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin