Wednesday 6 July 2011

Home

He's home.

The bed that was too big last week is suddenly so much smaller.

The house that was blissfully quiet is loud again. There are too many voices.

3 was the magic number. 4 seems crowded.

But he's home. 

He's exhausted. 4 weeks of hospital nights have taken their toll.

His breath comes in shallow snorts, marking the passing of the evening as he sleeps deeply.

But he's home.

After almost 7 years of marriage and 13 years together, being apart was tough.

But surprisingly refreshing.

It was a reminder. To count my blessings. To hold my soulmate tight. To remember what I love about him. Why I love him.

And I do. I truly do.

Home truly is where the heart is.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, what a rough ride you've had. Gosh, and a long time apart too. Hold him tight. And have a glass of something too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Come on in, the water's lovely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin