Monday 25 July 2011

Happy birthday littlest one

wow, that was fast! 7 minutes after arriving on the labour ward (in an ambulance) - you don't hang about do you?
A year of smiles and giggles and heart stopping oh-my-god-I-love-you-so-much moments. And suddenly you're 1. One whole year old. Before we know it you'll be running after your big brother, asking just as many questions and running rings around us.

But for now, I'm going to hold you close and continue to cuddle you at every opportunity. I'm going to carry-on ignoring the old biddies that tell me I'm making a rod for my own back. And I'm going to keep on sneaking you into our bed in the middle of the night for midnight snuggles.

So it turns out that love isn't shared. It doubles, quadruples, multiplies indefinitely so that everyone is loved just as much, just as deeply, just as strongly.

Who knew?

What a way to come into the world eh? I should have known from that very moment, that once you put your mind to something, there's no stopping you. You are a force to be reckoned with. A whirlwind.

You wear your heart on your sleeve. Just like me.

You can charm the birds out of the trees.

Happiness should be your middle name. Or if you were a girl, we'd call you Joy.

This much we already know.

So much to discover, so much to learn. I can't wait. Happy birthday littlest man.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, lovely post! Happy birthday little one - and well done you!
    Aren't those illicit midnight snuggles the greatest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here again! Try not to delete this one, lol.

    A huge happy birthday to your bundle of gorgeousness. Those moments of cuddles are precious and the old biddies should mind their own business. We only get a short time with our young children because they grow up so quickly. Make the most of that time. You'll never get it back.

    I love this post because it reminds me of how I've always been with Amy. Beautifully written. You're on my Blog Promotions page on my Blog.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post...our babies are such precious little creatures. Enjoy every moment. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has just made me get a lump in my throat!!!! (Although I am quite a sop :-)) Hope you all had a lovely birthday celebration xx

    ReplyDelete

Come on in, the water's lovely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin