Friday 28 October 2011

NaNoWriMo

I'm not sure why, but I've just signed up for NaNoWriMo.

I'm not even sure I fully understand what it's about. I mean, I understand the point is to write 50,000 words before midnight on the 30th November. I get that. But why oh why did I just decided that such a venture would apply to me?

Gulp.

What the effing hell have I just done?

I've always proclaimed that despite loving to write, I don't have a novel in me.

I don't even have a frigging idea for a plot. I can't actually remember what the last novel I read was (woah, I just typed wrote instead of read there....maybe that was a sign?)

But I've been reading over some of my old posts lately and they're not that bad...they read quite well. So I know I can actually, erm, you know, write (in the loosest sense of the word).

So hard can it be right? It just 1,666 words per day. It doesn't have to be a work of genius. It's just a bit of fun...right?

Oh lordy lordy.

3 comments:

  1. They say the more you write, the more you write! Good luck. Never been brave enough myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well done. I signed up last year but didn't finish it. Thought about doing it this year but I really would like to finish the novel I am working on...

    Would be good to have a writing buddy though. Will give it some thought.

    I am looking forward to reading how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!
    I haven't signed up before either but it looks tempting. No time for it this year but I definitely intend to have a go.
    Good luck :o)

    ReplyDelete

Come on in, the water's lovely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin