As I sit down to write this, I've actually got mixed feelings about my slimpods. Don't get me wrong, I think they're great. You only need to read some of the comments on twitter to see the amazing results some people are getting.
My problem is, I'm just impatient. I'm an instant gratification kinda gal. Which is probably what got me into this situation in the first place! I want to lose 2 stone, which would take me to the weight I was when I got married. So I'm going to use this post to focus on the positive changes I've seen so far, because to be honest, the scales aren't budging (yet).
This is also my second attempt at the slimpods. The first time, I have to be honest, my heart wasn't truly in it. I was looking for a fast and easy fix and wanted the slimpod to do all the hard work for me. But it wasn't addressing my emotional eating issues, so I decided to add the chocaholic slimpod into the mix.
This time, I've religiously filled out my slimpod journal every night and here are some of the changes I've noticed during the past 16 days:
1.I'm not hungry for breakfast. Even if I've had very little to eat the previous evening.
2. Appetite has decreased dramatically.
3. I'm still tempted to snack at work, but it's all healthy snacks I'm reaching for - apples, sugar snap peas, bananas, yogurt (oh and the occasional handful of wasabi peas!)
4. In the past, whenever I had a stressful/rubbish commute to work I would instantly head to Pret to buy a chocolate croissant. I still love the idea of a chocolate croissant but have no desire whatsoever to eat one.
5. Quite often I'm forced to leave some of my lunch or dinner. I just can't finish it.
6. I'm cooking smaller and smaller portions of pasta (my easy go-to evening meal at the moment while I'm cooking for one)
7. I've bought chocolate once in the past 2 weeks. And it lasted 4 days. Totally unheard of.
8.I'm drinking lots more water.
9. I've noticed that what I'd previously recognised as hunger signals are in fact thirst signals! I was eating instead of drinking water!
10. Whenever faced with a stressful situation, one that would normally send me straight to the nearest bar of Dairy Milk, I hear a little voice saying "if you really want chocolate, fine, go for it...but it won't solve the problem/change the situation for you. Only you can do that"
Reading back that list, I'm pretty impressed! I guess I'm just going to have to be a bit more patient. I've started doing 30 Day Shred as well, so I should start to see some results soon. We're off on holiday in 5 weeks (eek) and I really hope to shed a good few pounds by then!
For more slimpod chat, head over to Ooh Baby - All things Cuteable